Add Meeting Rooms and Allocate Devices
Add meeting rooms and allocate smart devices on your Yeastar Workplace system to activate the devices.
Smart devices refer to Room Displays, Room Comfort sensors, and people counting sensors.
Before you start, make sure your smart devices have been registered to Yeastar Workplace. See the following topics:
- Log in to Yeastar Workplace web portal, click the account button in the top-right corner, and select Management Portal.
- Go to Meeting Room > Room Management, and click Add.
In the pop-up window, enter the room information.
- Name: Enter a name to help you and your colleagues identify this meeting room.
- Building & Floor: Select data from the drop-down list, which is derived from the building information in Manage Office Buildings.
- Capacity: Enter the maximum number of people the room can accommodate to help users find a room that matched their meeting size.
- Facility: Facilities included in the meeting room. 5 items by default, all editable. You can add or delete items as needed.
Click Smart Devices and select the registered smart devices to bind to this room.
- Room Displays: Show the real-time occupancy status and the room bookings of a meeting room, also support booking rooms for ad-hoc meetings.
- People Counting Sensor: Collect the meeting room occupancy status and the number of participants in a meeting(no personally identifiable information is used, collected, or uploaded.)
- Room Comfort Sensor: Collect the data about temperature, humidity, light, CO2 concentration, and TVOC of a meeting room, and display the data on the E-ink screen in real-time.
Select Booking Type, the booking type will determine whether this room can be booked by users.
- Regular Meeting Room: Can be booked by users, room display shows the real-time occupancy status.
- Dedicated Meeting Room: For dedicated use, can not be booked by users. The room display shows "Dedicated Meeting Room".
Room Display Booking: This section is only available when a room display is bound to this room.
- Check the checkbox to allow users to book rooms on this room display.
- Uncheck the checkbox to disallow users to book rooms on this room display. In this case, the interface of this room display will change. For more information, see this topic.
Click Users with Room Booking Permission to select which users or groups can book the meeting room.
Click OK to confirm the configurations.
Wait for a few seconds, a result will be displayed on the web page. If adding successfully, the room will be listed on the web page as the following figure shows.