Add Meeting Rooms and Allocate Devices
Add meeting rooms and allocate smart devices on your Yeastar Workplace system to activate the devices.
Smart devices refer to Room Displays, Room Comfort sensors, and people counting sensors.
Before you start, make sure your smart devices have been registered to Yeastar Workplace. See the following topics:
To add a request-only meeting room, make sure you have completed the following settings:
- Go to Meeting Room > Room Preferences.
- In the Meeting Room Approval section, click the Request-only Rooms dropdown list and select Enable.
- Click the No Approval Required dropdown list and select which users and groups can book request-only rooms directly without approval.
- Click Save.
- Log in to Yeastar Workplace management portal.
- Go to Meeting Room > Room Management, and click Add.
In the pop-up window, enter the room information.
- Name: Enter a name to help you and your colleagues identify this meeting room.
- Building & Floor: Select the meeting room's location from the drop-down list.
- Capacity: Enter the maximum number of people the room can accommodate to help users find a room that matched their meeting size.
- Facility: Facilities included in the meeting room. 5 items by default, all editable. You can add or delete items as needed.
Click Smart Devices and select the registered smart devices to bind to this room.
- Room Displays: Show the real-time occupancy status and the room bookings of a meeting room, and also support booking rooms for ad-hoc meetings.
- People Counting Sensor: Collect the meeting room occupancy status and the number of participants in a meeting(no personally identifiable information is used, collected, or uploaded.)
- Room Comfort Sensor: Collect the data about temperature, humidity, light, CO2 concentration, and TVOC of a meeting room, and display the data on the E-ink screen in real-time.
Enable Check-in: Decide if users need to check in to confirm their reservations when using the room.
Click the Booking Type dropdown list, and select a type for this meeting room. The booking type will determine whether this room can be booked by users and whether users need to request to book this room.
- Regular Meeting Room: This room can be booked by users directly.
- Dedicated Meeting Room: For dedicated use, can not be booked by users.
- Request-only Rooms: Users need to submit a reservation request first and can only book this room after the request is approved. This meeting room can not be booked via Room Display.
Users with Approval Permission: This option is only available when the booking type is selected as Request-only Rooms.
Click the dropdown list and select which users or groups can manage the reservation requests for this request-only meeting room.
Room Display Booking: This section is only available when a room display is bound to this room.
- Check the checkbox to allow users to book rooms on this room display.
- Uncheck the checkbox to disallow users to book rooms on this room display. In this case, the interface of this room display will change. For more information, see this topic.
Users with Room Booking Permission: This option is only available when the booking type is selected as Regular Meeting Room. Click the dropdown list and select which users or groups can book the meeting room.
Click OK to confirm the configurations.
Wait for a few seconds, a result will be displayed on the web page. If added successfully, the room will be listed on the web page as the following figure shows.
Created: December 16, 2021