Synchronize Rooms from Google Workspace to Yeastar Workplace
Once your Google Workspace account is connected with Yeastar Workplace, you can add meeting room resources to Yeastar Workplace and allocate smart devices to activate devices.
- Yeastar Workplace is connected with your Google Workspace account.
Ensure that your organization has purchased a sufficient number of rooms on Yeastar Workplace for import meeting rooms from your Google Workspace account.
Add your Google Workspace room resources to Yeastar Workplace
Add your existing meeting room resources on Google Workspace to Yeastar Workplace, so the room schedules between them can be kept in sync.
- Log in to Yeastar Workplace management portal.
- Go to Meeting Room > Room Management, click Add and select Add From Google Workspace.
- In the pop-up window, select rooms and click Save.
Wait for a few seconds, the rooms are added successfully as the following figure shows:
Allocate devices and configure room details
Allocate registered smart devices to meeting rooms so that room schedules and real-time occupancy status can be kept in sync on room displays, web portals and Google calendars.
- Smart devices refer to room displays and people counting sensors.
- Make sure your smart devices have been registered to Yeastar Workplace. See how to register devices.
- Go to Meeting room > Room Management to view all meeting rooms on your system.
- Click of a meeting room.
In the pop-up window, click Smart Devices and select the registered smart devices to bind to this meeting room as needed.
- Room displays: Show the real-time occupancy status and the room bookings of a meeting room, also support booking rooms for ad-hoc meetings.
- People counting sensor: Collect the meeting room occupancy status and the number of participants in a meeting(no personally identifiable information is used, collected or uploaded.)
- Room Comfort Sensor: Collect the data about temperature, humidity, light, CO2 concentration, and TVOC of a meeting room, and display the data on the E-ink screen in real-time.
In the pop-up window, configure the following details:
The configuration you make will not be updated to your Microsoft 365 calendars.
- Name: Enter a name to help you and your colleagues identify this meeting room.
- Building & Floor: Select the meeting room's location from the drop-down list.
- Capacity: Enter the maximum number of people the room can accommodate to help users find a room that matched their meeting size.
- Facility: Included facilities in the room. 5 items by default, all editable. You can add or delete items by yourself.
- Enable Check-in: Decide if users need to check in to confirm their reservations when using the room.
Booking types: the booking type will determine whether this room can be booked by users.
- Regular Meeting Room: Can be booked by users, room display shows the real-time occupancy status.
- Dedicated Meeting Room: For dedicated use, can not be booked by users. The room display shows "Dedicated Meeting Room".
Room Display Booking: This section is only available when a room display is bound to this room.
- Check the checkbox to allow users to book rooms on this room display.
- Uncheck the checkbox to disallow users to book rooms on this room display. In this case, the interface of this room display will change. For more information, see this topic.
Booking permission: Select which users or groups can book the meeting room.
Click OK to save your configuration.
You have completed the integration with Google Workspace.
- Yeastar Workplace now syncs room schedules and real-time occupancy status of the meeting rooms between your Google calendar and Yeastar Workplace web portal and room displays.
- You can manage all the room bookings created from Yeastar Workplace (web portal and room displays) and Google calendar through Yeastar Workplace web portal.
- You can edit or delete meeting rooms on the Yeastar Workplace management page, the result will not be updated to your Google calendar.
Created: January 29, 2022