Set up Outlook as an Email Server
This topic describes how to set up Outlook as an email server in Yeastar Workplace.
Yeastar Workplace Plan: Standard Plan or Pro Plan
Step1. Create an app password on your Microsoft Account
To ensure that Yeastar Workplace can access the Outlook server via your Microsoft account, you need to turn on 2-Step verification and create an app password as follows.
Sign in to Microsoft Account with your Outlook account.
At the top navigation bar, click Security tab and enter your Outlook password to verify your account.
Turn on 2-Step Verification.
In the Two-step verification section, click Turn on, and verify your account according to the prompt.
In the Two-step verification section, click Manage.
Read the tips and click Next.
In the Verify my identity with drop-down list, select a method and verify your account according to the prompt.
Two-step verification is enabled.
Create an app password.
An app password is generated. Note down the password, which is used to verify your Outlook account when you configure Outlook as the mail server of Yeastar Workplace.
Step2. Configure Gmail as the mail server of Yeastar Workplace
- Log in to Yeastar Workplace management portal.
- Go to Company Settings > Email.
- Click the Email Server Types drop-down, and select Custom Email Server.
Configure email server settings:
- Sender Email Address: Enter your Outlook address, which will appear as the From address for outgoing emails sent by Yeastar Workplace.
- Email Address or Username: Enter your Outlook address.
- Password: Enter the 16-digit app password, which is used to access the Outlook server.
- Outgoing Mail Server(SMTP): Retain the default value smtp-mail.outlook.com.
- Port: Retain the default value 587.
- TLS Encryption: Select Enable.
Test if the mail server can successfully send emails.
- Click Test, in the pop-up dialog box, enter an email address to receive the test emails.
- Click Send.
All the emails sent by Yeastar Workplace will show the Outlook address you entered as the sender.
Created: April 20, 2022