Synchronize AD Users/OUs/Groups to Yeastar Workplace
This topic describes how to customize the synchronization rule based on Active Directory (AD) users, organizational units(OUs), and groups. Yeastar Workplace will sync AD users, groups or OUs accordingly, and keep the synced data up-to-date with changes from Active Directory.
The maximum number of AD organizational units/ groups that can be synced depends on the groups that Yeastar Workplace can create.
Maximum number of groups: 50
Log in to Yeastar Workplace management portal, go to Integration.
Option Description All in BaseDN Synchronize all the users and OUs/groups in the connected directory to Yeastar Workplace. Specific Organizational Unit
Only synchronize users and OUs/groups from the specific organizational unit(s) in Base DN to Yeastar Workplace.
You can select the desired organizational unit(s) in the Organizational Unit dropdown list.
Option Description Only User Synchronize all the AD users within the specified range to Yeastar Workplace as users, without syncing the OUs or groups to which they belong. User and Group Synchronize all the group(s) and its users within the specified range to Yeastar Workplace as groups and users. User and Organizational Unit Synchronize all the organizational unit(s) within the specified range together with its sub-OU(s) and users to Yeastar Workplace as groups and users.
In the Automatically Associate the User Account Registered with the Same Email Address dropdown list, decide whether to sync AD users who share the same mailboxes with the existing users on Yeastar Workplace.
Option Description Enable
- AD users with the same mailboxes will be synced to Yeastar Workplace and associated with the existing Workplace users.
- The original user information on Yeastar Workplace will be overwritten by the user information of the associated AD users.
- The AD users with the same mailboxes will not be synced to Yeastar Workplace as duplicated email addresses are not allowed on Yeastar Workplace.
In the Automatically Send Invite Email After Adding the User Account dropdown list, decide whether to send invitation emails to the synced AD users.
Option Description Enable Yeastar Workplace will send invitation emails to the synced AD users, through which they can activate their Yeastar Workplace account and join the organization.
AD users associated with existing Workplace users who have joined the organization will not receive the invitation email.
Disable No invitation emails will be sent to the synced AD users.
Optional: In the Frequency section, select the data synchronization frequency and set a specific time (non-working hours or weekends are recommended).
Yeastar Workplace will perform periodic directory synchronization based on the preconfigured frequency and time. If you want to apply the synchronization rule immediately, you can manually perform a directory synchronization.
You have set the synchronization rule, Yeastar Workplace will automatically sync the latest data from Active Directory based on this rule.
After synchronization, the following can be implemented:
- The Latest Synchronization Result section displays the latest sync time and result(s).
The synchronized AD data carries the following attributes:
Type Description Synced AD users
- The synced AD users come with a label .
- The synced AD users can NOT be manually deleted on Yeastar Workplace.
- You can NOT manually update the following information on Yeastar Workplace.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
- If an AD user account is deleted, it will be removed from Yeastar Workplace automatically.
Organizational Units / Groups
Created: November 21, 2022